Chain of Life
What personal information do we collect?
By "personal information" we mean any information about an identifiable individual. The personal information that we may collect is, among others, your:
- last name
- phone number
- place and level of education
- credit card or cheque information
- answers to questions
- any other personal information that we have not requested (such as personal information that you voluntarily provide to us in an email or by sharing your comments through our site).
Purposes for which your personal information is collected
Chain of Life may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our services to you;
- to manage our relationship with you;
- to identify you in our system;
- to manage our activities;
- to answer questions that you send through the site, by email or by phone;
- to contact you for fundraising purposes;
- to facilitate and process your registration for certain events and services;
- to communicate with you by email about our mission or our programs and events;
- to give you access to the secure section of the site;
- to authenticate you when you log into your account;
- to collect payment for your registration for the Chain of Life Challenge and your donations;
- to issue receipts for tax purposes;
- to follow up on communications with you;
- to improve the site and facilitate the development of new services;
- for any other purpose permitted or required by law.
When do we collect your personal information?
We may collect your personal information when you use our services and provide it voluntarily. For example, we may ask you to provide personal information, if you:
- use our services;
- connect to the secure section;
- make a donation to Chain of Life;
- use our online tools;
- send a question or comment to Chain of Life by email, phone, or through our site;
- take part in an event organized by or associated with Chain of Life;
- subscribe to electronic communications, such as our electronic newsletter;
- use features of our site that require personal information.
Limitation of the collection of personal information
Use, disclosure and retention of personal information
Your personal information will not be used without your consent for purposes other than those for which it was collected or in accordance with applicable laws. We keep your personal information for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was collected and to comply with our legal obligations.
We may also use and disclose your personal information to third parties in the following specific circumstances:
- when necessary to protect the security, property or other rights of Chain of Life, its representatives and users of the services, including detection and protection against fraud;
- with your consent or
- when required by law.
If you voluntarily submit or post information, photographs or any other content on online tools, Twitter pages, Facebook pages, or the pages or sites of any other Chain of Life social networking site, your personal information may be automatically included in the posting, including your username and email address, and these may be collected and used by others.
Changes and Updates
When we make changes or updates to it, the date of the new update shall be written at the beginning of this document.